Summer is here! You know what that means. Along with the great weather, time outdoors and cookouts with the family comes great summertime concerts. St. Louis has always been active in bringing the best in live entertainment to St. Louis, often for free, for everyone to enjoy. Some popular music events include Fair St. Louis, Celebrate St. Louis Summer Concert Series, and Loufest.
- Fair St. Louis: This year, Fair St. Louis falls on July 4-6 and features a Family Fun Run, parades, air shows, concerts, and many more. This year’s featured acts include Trace Adkins, Bret Michaels, and Counting Crows. All the festivities take place downtown, under the Arch and right on the Riverfront; perfect if you plan on staying at any of the conveniently placed downtown hotels.
- Celebrate St. Louis Summer Concert Series: The lineup for this year’s Summer Concert Series features Josh Turner, The Urge, K’Naan, and NeedToBreathe, all playing live from Soldier’s Memorial in Downtown St. Louis. It occurs over two weekends (July 12-13, and July 19-20) and is completely free for everyone. Visit their website for more information and for VIP passes.
- LouFest: Bigger, and better than ever, LouFest is the premiere music festival for St. Louis this year. The Third Annual LouFest promises 30 bands across multiple stages. Among those headlining this year include The Killers, Wilco, Alabama Shakes, Jim James, and Edward Sharpe & the Magnetic Zeros. The festival takes place on September 7-8 in Forest Park, and two day tickets start at $95. For more information and to purchase tickets, visit their website.
Filed under - f. June, g. July, Gateway Arch, Gateway Arch St., i. September, Louis
Vacationers very rarely have the time to research which museums, landmarks and other attractions offer free admission. Saint Louis, MO is considered the best destination for history lovers, business travelers, as well as vacationers in quest of an economical getaway. The midwest city also happens to be the host of several free tourist sites to explore.
Save these spots on your smartphone, iPad and other mobile devices. Read the rest of this entry »
Filed under - Attractions
You don’t have to be a sports enthusiast to note that St. Louis is the destination for meeting planners to design business conventions, expos and conferences, effortlessly. Unlike Chicago, where business travel is predisposed to pricey cab fare, extortionate parking rates, and hotel rates, Saint Louis is a conventioneers type of town.
Convention centers and places to meet
A slew of venues accommodate any sized meeting. St. Louis Convention & Read the rest of this entry »
Filed under - Business travel
With the St. Louis Auto Show approaching and the NHL season back in season, the forecast for travel in St. Louis is looking up in 2013. Despite the on-going, travel deals and hotel packages in Saint Louis, here are 10 vacation planning facts to consider when reserving a trip to St. Louis, Missouri:
- Book in advance. Save a minimum of 15 percent with an advanced, prepaid hotel reservation. (The Millennium Hotel St. Louis rewards guests with up to 40 percent off with reservations booked 21 days in advance).
- Travelers also earn an additional discount at certain Saint Louis hotels with a two-night stay or more.
The Saint Louis Auto Show is scheduled for January 24 – 27, 2013.
- Use travel memberships to redeem an extra savings (in example AAA memberships and certain hotel memberships offer special discounts and packages).
- Remember to check the hotel packages at ExploreStLouis.com.
- Make note that early, direct flights generally accompany lower airfares at Southwest.com.
If traveling with a pet, note that the Hyatt Regency St. Louis at The Arch is a dog friendly hotel.
- Compare airline fares at travel engines such as Kayak.com
- When the St. Louis Blues and Cardinals are in town, hotel reservations tend to run a little higher, especially if a major conference coincides with the dates.
- Hyatt Regency St. Louis at The Arch is a dog friendly hotel.
- Compare packages to regular room rates. Note that free meals are nice if you prefer to dine at the hotel versus an other place for breakfast in St. Louis.
- Certain hotels in St. Louis provide free shuttle around town to landmarks such as St. Louis History Museum, The St. Louis Zoo, The Botanical Gardens, Anheuser Busch, St. Louis History Museum and other popular attractions. (At the time, Four Seasons and Hotel Lumière, local shuttle series operates within six mile radius (hinging on)guests to their Favorite St. Louis destinations).
Share your best Saint Louis hotel travel deals and tips.
Filed under - Attractions
As for low maintenance travel, St. Louis accommodates on several levels. Free of the aggravations associated with traveling to a larger cities, such as Chicago. From the Lambert-St. Louis International Airport, affordable hotel accommodations to sightseeing, here are five reasons that Saint Louis Missouri beckons travelers of all ages.
- Short trek to downtown StL.
For the visitor, flying into Lambert-St. Louis International Airport, the ride to downtown is Read the rest of this entry »
Filed under - Attractions