With the St. Louis Auto Show approaching and the NHL season back in season, the forecast for travel in St. Louis is looking up in 2013. Despite the on-going, travel deals and hotel packages in Saint Louis, here are 10 vacation planning facts to consider when reserving a trip to St. Louis, Missouri:
- Book in advance. Save a minimum of 15 percent with an advanced, prepaid hotel reservation. (The Millennium Hotel St. Louis rewards guests with up to 40 percent off with reservations booked 21 days in advance).
- Travelers also earn an additional discount at certain Saint Louis hotels with a two-night stay or more.
The Saint Louis Auto Show is scheduled for January 24 – 27, 2013.
- Use travel memberships to redeem an extra savings (in example AAA memberships and certain hotel memberships offer special discounts and packages).
- Remember to check the hotel packages at ExploreStLouis.com.
- Make note that early, direct flights generally accompany lower airfares at Southwest.com.
If traveling with a pet, note that the Hyatt Regency St. Louis at The Arch is a dog friendly hotel.
- Compare airline fares at travel engines such as Kayak.com
- When the St. Louis Blues and Cardinals are in town, hotel reservations tend to run a little higher, especially if a major conference coincides with the dates.
- Hyatt Regency St. Louis at The Arch is a dog friendly hotel.
- Compare packages to regular room rates. Note that free meals are nice if you prefer to dine at the hotel versus an other place for breakfast in St. Louis.
- Certain hotels in St. Louis provide free shuttle around town to landmarks such as St. Louis History Museum, The St. Louis Zoo, The Botanical Gardens, Anheuser Busch, St. Louis History Museum and other popular attractions. (At the time, Four Seasons and Hotel Lumière, local shuttle series operates within six mile radius (hinging on)guests to their Favorite St. Louis destinations).
Share your best Saint Louis hotel travel deals and tips.